Bourjois - Java Rice Loose Powder - Swatches and Review

It's true I've tried many powders. Setting powders, powder foundations, translucent powders, illuminizing powders etc. etc. (you get the gist). So when I heard that Bourjois had relaunched/reintroduced their Java Rice Loose Powder I had two thoughts. Firstly, if they resurrected it, it must be good right? And secondly, do I really need another powder...? But as ASOS lured me in, I added it to my shopping basket and clicked order. So was it worth it?

Claims:
From the Bourjois UK website:

"Bourjois celebrates its 150th anniversary with a reinvented vintage edition of its first historical best-seller*: Java Rice Powder.

Luminous complexion
A delicately scented feather-light powder that lights up and smoothes complexion in one step. Its radiant and velvety finish immediately creates a youthful glow.
One translucent shade is universal and lights up all skin tones."


Ingredients: 
MICA, SILICA, TALC, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), BORON NITRIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, p-ANISIC ACID, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), POTASSIUM SORBATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) STARCH, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CI77492 (IRON OXIDES), LAUROYL LYSINE, CI 75470 (CARMINE), HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, TIN OXIDE, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, EUGENOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, EVERNIA PRUNASTRI EXTRACT, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, AMYL CINNAMAL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, ROSE EXTRACT, 12BMT010-1





Shades: 
Just the one translucent shade



Swatches:


 Both Swatches in Natural light L-R: Heavier swatch, blended out.



So here's the run down:

Price: Once again purchased from ASOS for $18.47

Weight: 3.5g

Packaging: A cute round pot with screw top lid. Inside there is a twisty cap on the loose powder to open and close the holes. I have to note I did find this a little messy and controlling the amount to get out was a tad difficult.

Consistency: Oh so dreamy. Soft, finely milled and a joy to wear.

Fragrance: A noticable musk scent, so if you don't enjoy musk, you won't enjoy the smell of this powder.

Application: I either used a Real Techniques Setting Brush for more pinpoint application or a Powder Brush

Longevity: Surprisingly this has lasted all day in warmer weather, without shine, but a luminous glow.

Finish: There is a noticeable touch of fine shimmer running through this powder and I was worried I would end up looking like a glitter ball. But alas, this adds a luminescence to the skin instead and looks very lovely.



Overall impressions: Overall, I'm admittedly more impressed than I thought I would be. It's really a lovely powder and is my current go to. I wear this over all foundation and BB creams to add that gentle glow to my skin, without looking too much. I highly recommend giving this a go if you are looking for a luminous powder, or like me dying to try the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, to tide you over.


What is your go to powder?



Ellen Rozalia xx



*Disclaimer: All products mentioned were purchased with my own money and all opinions are my own
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...